WM 104 introduces you to an overarching framework for tactical flood risk asset management and its four key components: inspection, performance, risk management, and planning.
The course also covers the fundamental basics of asset performance, risk management and planning.
In this course you will gain an understanding of:
- An overarching framework for tactical flood risk asset management
- Asset inspections and condition assessments, including the different types of inspections and grading systems
- The importance of, and difference between, asset condition and asset performance
- Critical assets, the components of risk, and how risk is managed
- The Four R’s of Emergency Management
- Planning the management of assets, and operations & maintenance planning.
This course is a collaboration between Āpōpō and Asset BowManagement Ltd.
Who should attend
- Operational personnel responsible for flood protection asset inspections and condition assessments.
- Practitioners that work in flood risk management, asset management or other related fields.
- Anyone that is tempted by a career in flood risk management
Typical attendees include
- River practitioners
- Asset Managers
- Operational Personnel
- Public works professionals
- Operations Engineers
- Text, images, video
- Formative assessment
- Case studies
- Summative assessment
- Flood Risk Asset Management framework
- Asset Inspections & Condition Assessments
- Performance Assessments
- Risk Management
- Asset Management Planning
This course will introduce you to an overarching framework for flood risk asset management. It leads into future badges which go into greater detail.
Where this fits in
Recommended prior learning