LD 101 explores the meaning of land development, and why we do it. It helps you understand the key functions of a land development engineer.
Designed for people entering local government land development engineering for the first time, this course introduces the key elements of land development and gives context to your work.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the meaning of land development engineering
- Explain why land development engineering is important
- Describe the key elements of land development engineering:
- Understanding the land
- Consenting the development
- Developing the land
- Understand how to develop yourself as a land development engineer.
Who Should Attend
This course is the ideal starting point for everyone new to land development engineering. While the course is directed at those working for local government, there is still benefit for those in the private sector to gain an understanding of how the local government process works.
This course will give you a foundation of knowledge about land development engineering in the context of local government within Aotearoa New Zealand.
Recommended Prior Learning
Typical Attendees Include
- Land Development Engineers both Local Government and Private Sector
- Civil Engineers
- Consultants providing land development services
- Asset Managers
- Graduate Engineers
- Text, images, video
- Formative assessment
- Case studies
- Summative assessment
Where This Fits In
LD 101 is the gateway to more detailed courses on land development engineering.