About The Young Leader Scholarship with the support of IMNZ and AECOM
AECOM and the Institute of Management New Zealand provide this Scholarship for formal leadership coaching through IMNZ, including travel and accommodation if required, up to the value of $8,000. The successful applicant must complete their leadership coaching by April 2025.
This award provides the opportunity for Āpōpō members to develop the skills and expertise necessary to enhance their senior management capability and potential.
Content of application:
- A curriculum vitae (tailored CV to confirm roles, responsibilities and professional development)
- Two written references in support of the application (referees may be contacted)
- 300 word statement on why you should be chosen, and how this training will benefit you and your future career as a leader in your profession. Please address the judging criteria (below).
- You will be a future leader and recognised by your peers as making or capable of making an outstanding contribution to your profession.
- You will be an active and engaged member of your community outside of your profession.
- You will clearly articulate how this scholarship will advance the profession and your community’s interests.
- You will be a qualified professional in engineering, technology, or science and hold a position of management responsibility.
- All members with less than 10 years post tertiary work experience in asset management are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
- Applicants must be a current financial member of Āpōpō and be employed in an organisation that owns or is involved in the management of infrastructure assets.
- Applicants must be available to complete their coaching with IMNZ by April 2025. The recipient must provide a brief written report to Āpōpō.
- The award recipient must register for and attend the 2025 Āpōpō Congress, and deliver a short presentation to delegates, reporting on their experience.
Applications open for 2024
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 4 March 2024
What's on offer
Our Excellence Awards and competitions are designed to recognise excellence in asset management projects.