Key Topics Explored
The day will cover:
- How to understand and navigate the ambiguity and complexity of developing others.
- How to determine the best leadership approach to facilitate performance and development.
- How coaching differs from other approaches (e.g. mentoring)
- The most common coaching process frameworks for leaders
- The role of feedback in development
- The two types of feedback and ratios required for staff engagement
- The emotional triggers that reduce the effectiveness of feedback
- Unhelpful myths about feedback and how to deliver it
- A variety of different scripts and processes for creating insight and delivering potentially challenging information
- Pro tips for having difficult conversations
Presenter: Dr Paul Wood