About the Emerging Governance Scholarship
Anna Bridgman, NZ Operations Lead, Water, at Stantec NZ, receiving the Emerging Governance Scholarship 2023
The recipient of the Emerging Governance Scholarship completes the Institute of Directors Company Directors’ Course up to the value of $11,000, to set them up for future governance roles.
This annual scholarship provides the opportunity for an Āpōpō member to develop the skills and expertise necessary to undertake current or future governance roles. All members working at executive or governance Board level (in any area) are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
Content of application:
- A curriculum vitae (tailored CV to confirm roles, responsibilities and professional development).
- Two written references in support of the application (referees may be contacted).
- 300 word statement on why you should be chosen, and how the Emerging Governance Scholarship will benefit you and any future governance roles you may undertake. Please address the judging criteria (below).
- You will be an Āpōpō member working at executive or governance Board level looking to develop the skills and expertise necessary to undertake governance roles.
- You will have some understanding of financial management and some experience of senior management or governance.
- You will be an active and engaged member of your community outside of your profession.
- You will clearly articulate how receiving this scholarship will advance the profession and your community’s interests.
- Applicants must be a current financial member of Āpōpō and be employed in an organisation that owns or is involved in the management of infrastructure assets.
- Applicants must be available to complete the course with the Institute of Directors by April 2025. The recipient must provide a brief written report to Āpōpō.
- The award recipient must register for and attend the 2025 Āpōpō Congress, and deliver a short presentation to delegates, reporting on their experience.
Applications open for 2024
Closing Date: 5pm, Monday 4 March 2024
What's on offer
Our Excellence awards and competitions are designed to recognise excellence in asset management projects.